Resources for Medical Professionals
Support Breastfeeding Mothers by Connecting with a Lactation Consultant
As a medical or obstetric professional, it’s not always possible to know everything when it comes to supporting mothers throughout their breastfeeding experience.
The resources provided by LCANZ will help you find information on a range of breastfeeding-related topics, including:
- Medication and lactation (including contraceptives and anti-depressants)
- Drug use and lactation Protocols and professional statements
- Supplementing breastfeeding
- World breastfeeding trends
- Addressing tongue-tie
- Mastitis and breast complaints
- When to refer to a lactation consultant
Our resources also provide information on sourcing and verifying the qualifications of a lactation consultant. These professionals can provide support to you and your patients around all areas of breastfeeding.
The information provided is subject to regular review by the LCANZ Board of Directors, and inclusions do not necessarily hold the full endorsement of LCANZ.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please reach out to LCANZ for more information.