Join LCANZ today and gain access to valuable career support, educational opportunities and networking events.
Benefits of membership:
- Online educational opportunities eg webinars,
- Regional events and networking opportunities
- Educational scholarships
- Online registration to seminars and conferences
- Discounted seminar and conference registration
- Electronic newsletter
- Find a Lactation Consultant Directory on LCANZ website & discounted insurance (for Private Practice IBCLCs)
- An informative website with designated members only section
- Full Membership (able to nominate and vote and become Board members)
- Associate Membership
- Group Membership (3 or more members in one application, one payment)
- Student Membership
- Retired Membership
Members must be over 18 years of age at the date of application
- is not less than 18 years of age at the date of application; and
- is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
(NOT able to nominate and vote and become Board members)
- not less than 18 years of age at the date of application; and
- a health professional who has a demonstrated interest in lactation;
- a person who has a demonstrated interest in human lactation or working towards becoming and IBCLC
Group Membership Discount
Three or more people can join or renew their membership for a group discount. Current members complete the required form, and make one combined payment to qualify. Any new members are required to complete a membership application form for approval by the Secretariat. Download the Group Membership form.
LCANZ recognizes that students may benefit from membership to LCANZ, even if their course of education is not directly related to lactation, as breastfeeding promotion and protection cuts across disciplines. LCANZ also recognises that many students are not working full or part time and may have difficulty paying for full membership.
We are proud to offer a student level of membership providing some of the benefits of full membership. There is no age limit to qualify and this can be used for a maximum of one year.
Students must attach documentation from their Course Provider, demonstrating they are currently enrolled in a course or program of lactation or related health field.
To apply for student membership, please complete and return the Student Membership Application Form
Many long-time members are no longer employed but still wish to remain informed and involved in the field of breastfeeding and lactation, perhaps through volunteering or mentoring of a future IBCLC. For that reason, LCANZ is able to offer a retired-level of membership.
- Member must be 65 years of age or older
- Member must have been a member of LCANZ for a minimum of 2 years
- Member must sign statement affirming status as a retired person, who is not employed
To apply for retired membership, please complete and return the Retired Membership Application Form
Australia (in AUS $ inc GST)
- Full Membership $145
- Associate Membership $145
- Group Membership (3 or more members on same form, one payment) $130 (per person)
- Student or Retired Membership $82
New Zealand (in NZ $, GST free)
- Full Membership $142
- Associate Membership $142
- Group Membership (3 or more members on same form, one payment) $128 (per person)
- Student or Retired Membership $81
Copies of member newsletters are available in the members only section.
As a member you are encouraged to contribute to the newsletter and inform members of upcoming events